In August, Book and Bear's featured chapter book was The Lost Rainforest: Mez's Magic by Eliot Schrefer.
We've put together a few questions to help you get started discussing the book with your kids:
1. Who is the main character in the book?
2. Name a way that Mez grew as a character over the course of the book.
3. Who of the secondary characters was your favorite? Why?
4. What words did you find in the story that you were unfamiliar with? Did you ask about those words when they came up? Have you looked them up in a dictionary to find out what they mean?
5. Imagine if you were in the story as one of the characters. Which character would you want to be, and why?
For more information about The Lost Rainforest: Mez's Magic and the author of the book, plus learning activities and more, visit this website page full of great information: The Lost Rainforest Teaching Guide